- Construct buildings and structures for residential housing.
- Remodel and restore existing homes and businesses.
- Discover how to manage construction jobs from beginning to end and coordinate and schedule subcontractors and material deliveries.
- Operate tools and equipment to build structures from a variety of materials such as wood, steel, vinyl, and concrete.
- Travel to different work sites, meet new people, employers, and customers, and work both indoors and out to complete structures and learn about the construction industry.
Job Titles – Career Pathways
47-2031.01 Construction Carpenters
47-2031.02 Rough Carpenters
47-2061 Construction Laborers
47-2081 Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
47-3012 Helpers — Carpenters
CTC knowledge transfers to college credits at:
Clarion University of Pennsylvania
Commonwealth Technical Institute
Delaware County Community College
Harrisburg Area Community College
Orleans Technical Institute
Pennsylvania College of Technology
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
NOCTI – National Occupational Competency Testing Institute Certification
OSHA Safety Certification
PBA – Pennsylvania Builders Association
Accreditations – PBA – Pennsylvania Builders Association
➤ For more detailed information about this program, including the grading policy, task list, etc., please refer to the course syllabus.
Instructor – to be announced
SOAR programs of study prepare today’s student for tomorrow’s high demand and high wage careers.