- Construct buildings and structures for residential housing.
- Remodel and restore existing homes and businesses.
- Discover how to manage construction jobs from beginning to end and coordinate and schedule subcontractors and material deliveries.
- Operate tools and equipment to build structures from a variety of materials such as wood, steel, vinyl, and concrete.
- Travel to different work sites, meet new people, employers, and customers, and work both indoors and out to complete structures and learn about the construction industry.
Job Titles – Career Pathways
47-2031.01 Construction Carpenters
47-2031.02 Rough Carpenters
47-2061 Construction Laborers
47-2081 Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
47-3012 Helpers — Carpenters
CTC knowledge transfers to college credits at:
Clarion University of Pennsylvania
Commonwealth Technical Institute
Delaware County Community College
Harrisburg Area Community College
Orleans Technical Institute
Pennsylvania College of Technology
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
NOCTI – National Occupational Competency Testing Institute Certification
OSHA Safety Certification
PBA – Pennsylvania Builders Association
Accreditations – PBA – Pennsylvania Builders Association
➤ For more detailed information about this program, including the grading policy, task list, etc., please refer to the course syllabus.
Instructor – Mr. Stephen Weber
This occupation offers the enjoyment of working outside and meeting new people. Every day people in the construction industry are offered a new opportunity to work on a different job.
I began working in the construction industry when I was 15 years old. I enjoy working with my hands to create new projects and continue to work in the trade in addition to my teaching position. I feel it is a very rewarding and well-paying occupation. I am a graduate of the same program which I teach today. I have always enjoyed working with students through teaching and coaching. I really enjoy sharing the information and skills that I have learned in the field with young people.
Vocational Instructional II Teaching Certification, Temple University
Journeyman’s Papers, Berks County Home Builders Association
Certifications and Awards
Completion of Department of Labor Carpenter’s Apprentice Program
Goggle Works Instructor/Woodshop Coordinator
Teaching HBA Carpenter Apprentice program
Baldwin Hardware Manufacturing
HBA Student Chapter
HBA Education Committee Chairman
SOAR programs of study prepare today’s student for tomorrow’s high demand and high wage careers.