- Jump-start your college career by earning up to 27 free college credits while still in high school and enrolled in ITA.
- Explore the business world through real life projects and hands-on learning in a collaborative, technology oriented environment.
- Embed hardware, software, networking, security, and computer coding needs into your business plan.
- Envision yourself directing workflow, human resources, marketing teams, and accounting departments to earn a profit for your business.
- Creatively code and design interactive computer programs and games.
Job Titles – Career Pathways
11-1021 General & Operations Managers
11-3061 Purchasing Manager
13-1111 Management Analyst
13-1161 Marketing Specialist
15-1121 Computer Systems Analysts
15-1131 Computer Programmers
15-1132 Software Developers, Applications
15-1141 Database Administrator
15-1151 Computer User Support Specialist
43-4051 Customer Service Rep
43-9011 Computer Operators
CTC knowledge transfers to college credits at:
Berks Technical Institute
Harrisburg Area Community College
Keystone Technical Institute
Lincoln Technical Institute
Luzerne County Community College
McCann’s School of Business
Pennsylvania College of Technology
Reading Area Community College
*Earn up to 27 dual enrollment college credits with Reading Area Community College through participation in the Technical Academy.
ASK Business Certification
NOCTI – National Occupational Competency Testing Institute
* Management Information Systems
Microsoft Office Specialist – Excel
Microsoft Office Specialist – Word
Microsoft Office Specialist – Powerpoint
Microsoft Office Specialist – Access
Microsoft Office Specialist – Outlook
➤ For more detailed information about this program, including the grading policy, task list, etc., please refer to the course syllabus.
Instructor – Mrs. Michelle Merkel
I graduated from Muhlenberg High School in 1999 and earned a bachelor’s degree in computer science from Kutztown University in 2003. I was immediately hired to manage a database for a local non-profit organization. While working there, I developed a passion for helping and guiding others. This inspired me to become a teacher. I enjoy helping and guiding students throughout their educational journey.
Bachelor’s degree, Computer Science, Kutztown University
Certificates and Awards
Occupational Competency Assessment Certificate, Temple University
Vocational Education I Teaching Certificate, Temple University
Vocational Education II Teaching Certificate, Temple University
Microsoft Office Specialist – Master
CompTIA – IT Fundamentals
IC3 – Computing Fundamentals
IC3 – Key Applications
IC3 – Living Online
Sage MAS 90 – MAS 200 Core Applications w/Payroll
Google for Education – Basic Certification
Hire Date: 2005
EMT for more than 10 years
Youth soccer and basketball coach
SOAR programs of study prepare today’s student for tomorrow’s high demand and high wage careers.