- Develop the necessary skills needed to obtain competitive entry-level employment, workplace readiness, interpersonal skills, independence and teamwork, in the service industry.
- Acquire skills needed in the laundry and dry cleaning industries.
- Develop hands-on skills for industrial food preparation and kitchen helper.
- Achieve knowledge needed to work in a cafeteria, dining room, or dish room.
- Utilize appropriate cleaning techniques according to industry guidelines to clean multiple areas and surfaces.
- Be able to stock and organize inventory, practice safety, and learn other essential skills within the distribution setting.
Job Titles – Career Pathways
35-2021 Food Preparation Worker
35-3022 Cafeteria/Concession/Coffee Shop Counter Attendant
35-9011 Dining Room & Cafeteria Attendant
35-9021 Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper
37-2011 Janitor & Cleaner
37-2012 Maids and Housekeeping
43-5081 Stock Clerks and Order Fillers
51-6011 Laundry and Dry Cleaning Worker
Mobile Ladder – American Ladder Institute
Step Ladder – American Ladder Institute
AHA – Heartsaver CPR/AED
➤ For more detailed information about this program, including the grading policy, task list, etc., please refer to the course syllabus.
Instructor – Mrs. Melisa Diehm
I like to spend time with my family and friends. Both my husband and I are teachers and my daughter also aspires to be a teacher. We have two dogs and love to take them camping with us, camping is my favorite activiy.
B.S., Immaculata University
M.S., Cabrini College
I have over 15 years of classroom teaching experience but worked in education for over 19 years–both academic and career and technology. I have served as a teacher as well as a disciplinarian. I am also an adjunct professor at Harrisburg Area Community College. I have a passion for helping students succeed in the classroom and in their lives after graduation.
Hire Date: 2012
Instructor – Mr. Chris Evans
I live in the Muhlenberg community with a wonderful wife, who is also a teacher, and two energetic children. I have a strong passion for teaching and love what RMCTC represents to its community.
B.A., Elementary Education
Instructional II 99-8440 Earth and Space Science 7-12
Instructional II 99-0227 Special Education 7-12
Instructional II 99- 2810 Elementary K-6
Instructional II 99- 9226 Special Education PK-8
Certifications and Awards
Special Education teaching certificate
Serve Safe Certification
First Aid/CPR Certification
I have been in the education field for more than six years as a TSS, an EAP tutor, a before- and after-school site director. I have taught in multiple education environments, and I have taught multiple grade levels for the Reading School District. In addition, I have more than 13 years of miscellaneous experience in general service jobs.
Hire Date: 2012
I coach baseball and football for Muhlenberg Township Athletic Association, along with serving on the MTAA Board. I also help out with cub scouts.