- Jump-start your college career by earning up to 27 free college credits while still in high school and enrolled in ITA.
- Explore the computer inside and out with hands on learning.
- Become familiar with home networks, the internet, and social networks.
- Build business related databases used in every business.
- Design, modify, and maintain professional documents.
- Prepare financial statements using accounting principles and software.
- Creatively code and design interactive computer programs.
- Explore the creative processes needed to be in a supervisory position and lead others.
Job Titles – Career Pathways
15-1021 Computer Programmers
15-1121 Computer Systems Analysts
15-1132 Software Developers, Applications
15-1141 Database Administrator
15-1151 Computer User Support Specialist
43-4051 Customer Service Rep
43-9011 Computer Operators
CTC knowledge transfers to college credits at:
Berks Technical Institute
Harrisburg Area Community College
Keystone Technical Institute
Lincoln Technical Institute
Luzerne County Community College
McCann’s School of Business
Pennsylvania College of Technology
Reading Area Community College
*Earn up to 24 dual enrollment college credits with Reading Area Community College through participation in the Technical Academy.
NOCTI – National Occupational Competency Testing Institute
* Management Information Systems
Microsoft Office Specialist – Excel
Microsoft Office Specialist – Word
Microsoft Office Specialist – Powerpoint
Microsoft Office Specialist – Access
Microsoft Office Specialist – Outlook
➤ For more detailed information about this program, including the grading policy, task list, etc., please refer to the course syllabus.
Instructor – Mrs. Michelle Merkel
I graduated from Muhlenberg High School in 1999 and earned a bachelor’s degree in computer science from Kutztown University in 2003. I was immediately hired to manage a database for a local non-profit organization. While working there, I developed a passion for helping and guiding others. This inspired me to become a teacher. I enjoy helping and guiding students throughout their educational journey.
Bachelor’s degree, Computer Science, Kutztown University
Certificates and Awards
Occupational Competency Assessment Certificate, Temple University
Vocational Education I Teaching Certificate, Temple University
Vocational Education II Teaching Certificate, Temple University
Microsoft Office Specialist – Master
CompTIA – IT Fundamentals
IC3 – Computing Fundamentals
IC3 – Key Applications
IC3 – Living Online
Sage MAS 90 – MAS 200 Core Applications w/Payroll
Google for Education – Basic Certification
Hire Date: 2005
EMT for more than 10 years
Youth soccer and basketball coach
SOAR programs of study prepare today’s student for tomorrow’s high demand and high wage careers.