- Explore the world of fashion, sewing, and textiles.
- Create your own personal garments choosing from a wide variety of fabrics, patterns, and trims.
- Experience the apparel industry using a wide variety of industrial equipment.
- Utilize this course for entry into the apparel industry directly from high school or as a stepping stone into college.
Job Titles – Career Pathways
13-1022 Retail Buyer
41-2031 Retail Salespersons
41-9011 Demonstrators and Product Promoters
51-6021 Pressers, Textile, Garment, and Related Materials
51-6031 Sewing Machine Operators
51-6052 Tailors, Dressmakers, and Custom Sewers
LOCAL Merchandise Manager & Fashion Coordinator
CTC knowledge transfers to college credits at:
Art Institute of Philadelphia
Pennsylvania College of Technology
NOCTI – National Occupational Competency Testing Institute Certification
* Apparel and Textile Production and Merchandising
OSHA Safety Certification
➤ For more detailed information about this program, including the grading policy, task list, etc., please refer to the course syllabus.
Instructor – Ms. Tricia Rubin
I enjoy spending time at home with my daughter, as well as traveling, quilting, and doing home improvement projects.
B.S. Education, University of North Texas
M.S. Education, University of North Texas
Certification and Awards
Instruction I Certification in Family and Consumer Science and English
I have more than 25 years of professional sewing experience as a theatrical costume designer in the Philadelphia area, as well as more than 10 years of experience as a visual interior designer for QVC.
Hire Date: 2018