The Reading Muhlenberg Career & Technology Center has immediate vacancies for the following positions:
Are you interested in a career change? Have you ever thought about becoming a teacher? RMCTC has a vacancy to teach high school students in our Carpentry program for the start of the 2020-2021 school year. If you are the successful candidate, RMCTC will offer you a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, and an excellent work environment. We also will assist you with obtaining the required clearances and applicable teaching certifications.
- Documentable employment experience reading blueprints, adhering to building codes, knowledge of lumber and materials, a strong working knowledge of math, understanding of construction methodology such as rough framing, roof framing, floor framing and installation, door and window framing, exterior and interior finishing, and rigging.
- Willingness and ability to obtain an initial emergency-level certificate and complete all necessary steps toward obtaining permanent teacher’s certification through the PA Department of Education
- A desire to work with and motivate high school students
- A desire to develop relationships and partnerships with business and industry
- Management and oversight of classroom materials, equipment, and facility
- Knowledge of computers and software applications
- Strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Eligible to obtain PDE-related Act 34, Act 151, and FBI clearances
- Must pass a physical and drug test
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required):
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish
- Supervisory experience
Deadline for applications: Friday, March 27, 2020 at 3:00 P.M.
- Substitute teachers required for all 31 program areas supported by the Center. Ideal candidates may be certified secondary education teachers, retired CTE teachers and classroom aides, and individuals with extensive work experience who can demonstrate the capacity to support student skill attainment within the Center’s programs (see www.rmctc.org for program listing).
- Eligibility to obtain PDE-related Act 34, Act 151, and FBI clearances
- Pass a physical and drug screen test
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
Mrs. Tina Delgado
Reading Muhlenberg Career & Technology Center
2615 Warren Road
Reading, PA 19604
Equal Opportunity Employer
LINKS TO CLEARANCE INFORMATION/APPLICATION
Child Abuse History Clearance
Pennsylvania State Criminal Background History