- Create eye-catching digitally printed brochures, business cards, signs, banners, and screen printed materials that you will produce using the newest equipment that the industry has to offer.
- Use the latest technology to create printed materials, cut vinyl, printed vinyl, and screen printed materials for local business & industry.
- Prepare students for employment in the fast-growing field of digital output, cut and printed vinyl, and screen printing.
- Create projects using Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop and Flexi sign.
Job Titles — Career Pathways
43-9031 Desktop Publishers
51-5112 Printing Press Operators
51-5113 Print Binding and Finishing Workers
51-9198 Helpers — Production Workers
CTC knowledge transfers to college credits at:
Art Institute of Philadelphia
Commonwealth Technical Institute
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
Westmoreland County Community College
NOCTI – National Occupational Competency Testing Institute Certification
* Graphic Production Technology
ACA Illustrator – Graphic Design & Illustration
ACA InDesign – Print & Design Media Publication
ACA Photoshop – Visual Communication
➤ For more detailed information about this program, including the grading policy, task list, etc., please refer to the course syllabus.
Instructor – Mr. Michael T. Borelli
My interest in printing started at Southern Junior High School in the Reading School District. We learned the basics of printing, and that is where my interest started. When I reached Reading High School, my interests grew even more, branching out to screen printing, offset printing, and black & white photography. My high school industrial arts teacher encouraged me to continue on to college. I attended California University of Pennsylvania, where I majored in printing. While attending Cal U., I also worked at a local print shop. After graduating, I worked for a local printer.
Bachelor’s Degree of Science and Technology, California University of PA
Certifications and Awards
Vocational Education II Teaching Certificate, Graphic Communications, Temple University
1988-1990 Pressman, Curry Printing
1990-1993 Badzik Printing Service
2012-present Owner/operator, print/design/vinyl
1995 – Printer Assistant
1998 – Printing & Graphic Communications program teacher
Community Service: I am a volunteer with The Centre Park Historic District.
SOAR programs of study prepare today’s student for tomorrow’s high demand and high wage careers.