- Construct buildings and structures for residential housing.
- Remodel and repair existing homes and businesses.
- Discover how to manage construction jobs from beginning to end and coordinate and schedule subcontractors and material deliveries.
- Operate tools and equipment to build structures from a variety of materials such as wood, steel, vinyl, and concrete.
- Travel to different work sites, meet new people, employers, and customers, and work both indoors and out to complete structures and learn about the construction industry.
Job Titles – Career Pathways
47-2031.01 Construction Carpenters
47-2031.02 Rough Carpenters
47-2061 Construction Laborers
47-2081 Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
47-3012 Helpers — Carpenters
CTC knowledge transfers to college credits at:
Clarion University of Pennsylvania
Commonwealth Technical Institute
Delaware County Community College
Harrisburg Area Community College
Orleans Technical Institute
Pennsylvania College of Technology
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
NOCTI – National Occupational Competency Testing Institute Certification
OSHA Safety Certification
PBA – Pennsylvania Builders Association
Accreditations – PBA – Pennsylvania Builders Association
➤ For more detailed information about this program, including the grading policy, task list, etc., please refer to the course syllabus.
I am the owner and operator of A.W.L. Remodeling. I have been self-employed for the culmination of 16 years and employed by others for an additional 6 years in the remodeling industry. I have hands-on knowledge and experience in all phases of the industry. I can actually say I have always loved my job.
I am now pursuing a teaching career with RMCTC to educate, share my work experience and my passion with the next generation of carpenters in hopes that one day they will also love what they do.
When I am not working, I enjoy spending time with my family, hunting, riding motorcycles, rock climbing, and taking long road trips across the country.
Governor Mifflin High School
P and M Remodeling
North American Homes
Hire Date: 2020
SOAR programs of study prepare today’s student for tomorrow’s high demand and high wage careers.